Friday, October 3, 2008

I Love Canning!!!!

So I bought a case of Peaches and Michelle bought a case of tomatoes and we spent a couple of days canning. It was a couple of crazy days! Well, actually, only one. The other was so easy. While I was cutting the cilantro(gag me) for the salsa, I was using Michelle's brand new knife and cut a part of my finger off. So Michelle had to do most of the work!!! I felt so bad for that. We made salsa, crushed tomatoes, canned peaches and peach jam. It was all so good!!! And now, I am hooked on canning. I told Justin I want a pressure canner for my birthday that is just around the corner. He loves me, and I am sure he will get it for me--he always gives in eventually(wink, wink). If you want to learn more about canning, go to Canning USA.
Our first batch of peach jam was a little chuncky, but so pretty!

3 comments:

Terin said...

That looks so awesome!!! You're amazing! I am going to be trying my hand at canning here pretty soon. Wish me luck!!!

Anonymous said...

I AM SO JEALOUS! It all looks so beautiful and thanks to your sample yesterday I know the peach jam is delicious! You can give me a jar for Christmas!:)

Lisa and Rocky said...

Hey, I just made some salsa too! Bet yours came out better though. Youre a better cook than me. Well, theres nothing wrong with jam thats a little chunky! Yum! Add me to your Christmas jam list for some strawberry!*wink wink*