Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Sweetest Thing



This afternoon we were getting ready for church. I was ironing the clothes and the girls came downstairs after taking a shower needing their hair to be brushed. I told them to brush it themselves because I didn't have the time. Then Rhett jumped in and volunteered to do it for me. So there I was ironing the clothes and watching my sweet sweet son brush his little sister's hair. Usually he is tattling or wrestling with them. But this afternoon he decided to put aside the teasing and the wrestling-for the moment at least-and be the loving big brother. He sat there for the next five minutes or so brushing ever so gently to be sure their hair was perfect for church. The sweetest thing.

2 comments:

Lisa and Rocky said...

Every once in a while the boys will do something like that for Emily. Dont you just love it? Hey we need some new posts here Amy. Stop dancing- put down that mixer- leave the scrapbook alone and get to it woman!

Lisa and Rocky said...

Nice underoos Rhett!