Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas




Ahh, Christmas! There is nothing like it. All of the joys of shopping (the only time it is okay to excessively shop) and the time and care into making a few as well. It was going well, until it was the weekend before Christmas, and I realized that I hadn't finished making three of my presents, the kids stockings, and Ethen's blanket. I stayed up Sunday night and Christmas Eve night to finish the presents and Ethen's blanket. I never got around to finishing the stockings, so Santa left piles of stuff for our kids this year. On Christmas Eve, I realized I hadn't bought my brother's and my dad's presents!!! I finished two presents after our Christmas with the kids while they were watching a new movie.


We got together with my family on Christmas Eve, and It was so nice to have the whole family (in Arizona) together again; to enjoy each other's company, eat, exchange presents, and at the end of the day to play a game. The boys were playing the X Box, of course and needless to say, it was a very loud 25 minutes. On Christmas day we had our "stockings" and then Justin made the best french toast. We then opened all our presents, and left for Justin's side later in the afternoon. We spent that time first waiting for Brandon to get off work then to eat, and eat, and eat. The kids were very patient when it came to opening the presents, but eventually we got around to it. Later on we watched a couple of movies, then headed home. It was a crazy but wonderful two days.


Thank you all for your gifts and love. We appreciate and love every single one of you. We hope you all have a wonderful new year to enjoy the present while getting ready for the future.

No comments: